HOW TO FIND A GREAT CHURCH!
You should ot search with a selfish or consumer mentality, but as a committed disciple of Jesus Christ. A church should not be a place where you are looking to be served but a place where you serve with others. Here are some basic guidelines:
* PRAY: Ask God's Spirit to show you and direct you to the right church. Ask God to show you if a church lines up with the teachings of the Bible and if this is the church family God has for you.
* LOOK: The church you are looking for should place a great importance on teaching people the Word of God, living godly lives, serving together as a family and reaching out with the good news of Jesus to the community around them.
* LISTEN: Avoid churches that focus only on a list of rules, regulations or prohibitions. Instead a good church should be teaching people how to live in the power of the grace of God and the Holy Spirit. The focus should be more on BEING a godly person rather than DOING godly things.
* PRAY AGAIN: Every church has different personalities, opportunities, programs and availability of needed services, etc. It's possible that you won't find everything you want but you CAN find the church God has for you. It's possible you're the one God has in mind to help a specific church improve by serving in it's body.
* REMEMBER: No church is PERFECT. But look for churches that desire to change and live out Biblical teaching, just like you desire to do as a Christ follower.